Tuesday, November 27, 2012
I've been as sick as a dog for a few weeks with some kind of death stuff going on inside my head. Wife and son down with it as well. lasts longer for me since I cought the diabetes a few years ago(while in fighting trim I must add). I get a little sick and my sugars shoot north of 500 regardless of what I eat or not or how much insulin I take, get really sick and it's a likey dirt nap. Scares the crap out of me. It makes my preps really about my wife and kids, and getting them through without me as I'd only be good for a year at most post TEOTWAWKI, with about half of the year sucking bad and being burdensome. I pray on this, when I'm not to mad. My wife however lives on a big pink fluffy cloud of denial about this. Scared shitless.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Circled the Drain
I would like to elaborate on my thoughts and feelings about the formerly Grand Old Party. I stated that the Republican party has been co-opted by progressives. With the exception of Ronald Reagan this is mostly true with few exceptions. The GOP did not want Ronald Reagan in the White House or in party leadership. They fought against him in '76 and in '80. They imposed George H. W. Bush on him as a means maintaining control. Mr. Reagan clearly was not fond of Mr. Bush and visa versa as their primary campaigns made clear. To understand this one must look back to the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century and the rise of Progressivism.
As the twentieth century dawned and post civil war there was the growing belief that Washington was the answer for the nations many ills. President Lincoln used his wartime powers as President to expand the breadth and scope of federal powers and for the first time made the several states a dependent and integrated appendage of the federal government. A school of thought was developing that encouraged and nurtured that view and sought to provide answers through government regulation and control of the individual. They worked to advance a view where an elite minority of enlightened thinkers would move humanity foward. To accomplish this they infiltrated the press and both dominant political parties, but with the GOP has not always been so clear.
I strongly encourage you to look into Theodore Roosevelt to fully understand the reach of progressivism into the Republican party.
MORE TO COME...........
After browsing the blogosphere on the intarwebs I found great comfort HERE. I have been a regular reader of Brigid's "Home on the Range" blog for many moons now but that particular post really crystalized thing for me. I have accordingly developed a rudimentary plan of action.
- I have cut my ties to the Republican party. I joined when I registered to vote at 18 and was inspired by Reagan. I remain inspired by Reagan but believe he was an aberation and not the Republican norm. The more I explore the more I believe the party leadership has been co-opted by progessives. I'll say that again and louder "THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAS BEEN CO-OPTED BY PROGRESSIVES". They are statists no different from Democrates other than for speed. Think tuortis and the hare.
- I spent considerable time pondering the following Jefferson quote: "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others". I believe this is the very essence of what made these united states special.
- I joined the Libertarian party. I believe they more fully, but not perfectly, represent the above quote. I firmly believe in the constitution. I firmly beieve the constitution has been ignored and ridiculed by those in power for the last 100 years. I firmly belive those in power now are guilty of treason, all of them.
- I will take preparations much more seriously. More so than I "thought" I did prior to Hurricain Sandy.
- I will live my life according to Jeffersons principled ideal. I will live morally, with integrity and faith.
- I will take better care of myself so I can take better care of those I love.