After browsing the blogosphere on the intarwebs I found great comfort HERE. I have been a regular reader of Brigid's "Home on the Range" blog for many moons now but that particular post really crystalized thing for me. I have accordingly developed a rudimentary plan of action.
- I have cut my ties to the Republican party. I joined when I registered to vote at 18 and was inspired by Reagan. I remain inspired by Reagan but believe he was an aberation and not the Republican norm. The more I explore the more I believe the party leadership has been co-opted by progessives. I'll say that again and louder "THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAS BEEN CO-OPTED BY PROGRESSIVES". They are statists no different from Democrates other than for speed. Think tuortis and the hare.
- I spent considerable time pondering the following Jefferson quote: "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others". I believe this is the very essence of what made these united states special.
- I joined the Libertarian party. I believe they more fully, but not perfectly, represent the above quote. I firmly believe in the constitution. I firmly beieve the constitution has been ignored and ridiculed by those in power for the last 100 years. I firmly belive those in power now are guilty of treason, all of them.
- I will take preparations much more seriously. More so than I "thought" I did prior to Hurricain Sandy.
- I will live my life according to Jeffersons principled ideal. I will live morally, with integrity and faith.
- I will take better care of myself so I can take better care of those I love.